what age did you use the bumbo seat?

My son is 2 months old, he has very good head control and can left his head up on his own. Can I start using the seat now?

jennykid11

Asked by jennykid11 at 3:24 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can try it for limited periods of time. If he gets fussy, take him out. My daughters both hated it, and I was glad to have bought mine for $5 second hand.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 3:25 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• If he can hold up his head you can try it.. but keep a close eye on him and only use it for up to 5 min a day starting out.. he may have good head control but it is still VERY hard work and exhausting for them at that age. Take him out at the first signs of him being uncomfortable.. I got my son a bumbo at 3 or 4 months I think.. they are just ridiculously expensive so I waited until I found one second hand
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 4:13 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I think my son started at 4 months. My son's phys. therapist says they aren't good for too long b/c of the way the seat is. It kinda gives them bad posture when sitting outside of it, like a hunching look.
    I actually haven't really used it anymore and just have him sit with support of my hands.
    mommylovesu28

Answer by mommylovesu28 at 4:17 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• my dd was about the same age with very good head comtrol and that is about the time we started using the seat she loves it and could sit up on her own at 6 months and at 5 months just with blankets around her to make the fall softer. just watch your baby and make sure he is not in it long. they get tired alot faster than i ever thought.
    mamanpnk

Answer by mamanpnk at 5:14 PM on Apr. 3, 2009