Help I my child gives me hell!!

I dont know what i am doing wrong I have tryed everything with my 3yr old Mariah. She is so bad all day she runs around the house destroying everything from toys to her bed to the couch to her room. She doesnt listen to me even tho I disiplin her. I have tried time out, spanking, taking her toys away, I get soo fustrated im spending half the day yelling at her. She has a little sister malissa who is 15 mths and I am starting to think that mariah is rubbing off on her. I need suggestions on what I can do to get her back on track. I have even considered getting a day job so I can put the kids in daycare just to be away from the during the day.

MandMSMOMMY0607

Asked by MandMSMOMMY0607 at 3:38 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• sounds like she is being a three year old. my daughter is 17 months and rips and tears all day. she is being a child. if it is gettting to you that bad maybe you should find a part time job or just take a day or two a week to your self. good luck
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 3:42 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Could she be acting out to get attention??? I have noticed on the days my 3 yo is raising hell, if we read a book or color or go for a walk the rest of the afternoon it's like he's a different kid.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 3:43 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• lemme know what finally works for you so i can make it work for my 2..
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 3:44 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Instead of waiting on her to get in trouble then yelling, try keeping her busy with interesting ideas.

Just try this for a day of two and see if it doesnt help.

Start out the day with breakfast and after open up some new playdough, help her get started then go about your daily cleaning or whatever, when she is tired of that, see if she might like some fingerpaints, ( I know its messy,but it will keep her busy,I would rather clean up than yell)
    After that, give her some paper and markers, markers are more interesting than crayons. lol Just make sure they are the washable kind.

Here are some other kid keeper ideas: puzzles, blocks, tinker toys, crayons, board games, sand, playing outside when you can, I could go on and on.

The idea is that kids sometimes misbehave when they dont have anything else to do. You think she is surrounded by toys but kids need constant stimulation. It SOUNDS hard, but I promise you its not
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 3:46 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Seems like the damage has been done and it is too late without intervention from an MD.
    Anonymous

• anon at 3:48. What?
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 3:49 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• seriously anony 3:48???

Yeah I am not a SAHM but I am in college so there are times when I am home all day with them for a few weeks (or all of last summer) by the end of the summer I found they were a lot less destructive if i had a schedule and stuck to it. Believe it or not kids thrive on structure and they really will behave better if they know what to expect. My 6 year old always has to know what's next and when I can't tell her she makes the plans for me-lol

So wake up a lil before she does, have breakfast ready when she wakes up and eat with her. Spend some time doing creative activities like a PP said then let her color or watch a movie while you make lunch. In the afternoon tell her it is quiet time, and this is where she takes a nap... some kids really do need a nap. Tell her she can sleep or "read" quietly while you take time to do chores or whatever... Good Luck Momma,
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 4:06 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Its sounds like you ahve tried alot... not consistancy. If she were mine, this is what would happen. The moment she starts to act up, she would be sent to a room with a chair, were she gets to sit tillshe calms down. Once she calms down, take her to whatever activity she needs tobe involved in... playing with toys, drawing, ect. The moment she steps out again, same thing... right back to the chair.. and not for just a min or two.. make it count. 10 min will not hurt her. Now... in my house, direct disobediance (I ask "do this" and they don't) direct dishonesty, direct direspect (back talking, name calling, hurting someone eles), and Direct danger (ummm,,,, need and example... tryint to stick something in the light socket after you have already said no) those things.. get spankings, then to the chair.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 6:15 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• i just ask the same question!! ive tried time out, takin away fav toys, no tv and nothing seems to work for me either. i have 2 girls that are 3n 4,11 months apart so i feel ur pain!! if i find a good method ill let u know!!!
    2suga2

Answer by 2suga2 at 11:17 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I'd be busting her ass on a CONSISTENT basis she will soon realize that you mean what you say and say what you mean!! As it is now she is running the home!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:02 AM on Apr. 4, 2009