Child support abruptly withheld by SCU....what can I do? I need help!!!

My sister is in dire need of help. She has a court order in place. She used to live in nyc and now she lives in florida. After being there for many months, she's no longer receiving her child support. She can't afford an attorney, and doesn't know what to do. Her resources are limited b/c of the shitty living situation she's in. After speaking with the scu in florida, they can't seem to help her. Where can she find help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• she needs to file w the state she originally filed the child support..and she can do that from florida
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 3:43 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• When she moved did she file the intention to relocate with the courts? If not then she could be in some trouble. She needs to start a new case there, talk to the court facilitator or look up the law library and go purchase a packet.
    Anonymous

• All my sister did was send a copy of the court order to his place of employment and they started taking the $$ right out of his checks.
    Familytyme

Answer by Familytyme at 3:46 PM on Apr. 3, 2009