could my baby be born 2 weeks before my due date?

she turned head down since i was 7 months and since last night i've been feeling pain on my belly and down there, is it possible i could have her 2 weeks early? since i have a short torso and im small, i dont know if i could have her in there for so long, what do you guys think about that?

maryfer

Asked by maryfer at 3:40 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• most definately, my little girl was.. it could go two weeks either way. thats why they consider 37 weeks full term.. and the pain is normal! she is preparing to come out and make her debut.. congrats
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 3:47 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• oh and i forgot to say im 33 weeks!
    maryfer

Answer by maryfer at 3:51 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• your baby can come anytime honestly. my son was born three weeks early. he was eight lbs and 15.6 oz. you have a few weeks to go though, if the pains are happening all the time, then you are just fine. if you think they are contractions, time them and see if they have a pattern, if not you and baby will be okay. if they are, call your doctor, and head to the hospital, they will try to stop pre-term labor, and as long as you arent dialated you will also be okay. talk to your doctor about your concerns, he/she can help you better than we can =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 4:18 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• If you're 33 weeks you would be 7 weeks early. Its definitely possible but not great for the baby. Lungs and other organs would not be as developed as they should be. If they feel like they are in a pattern I would time the pain or call your dr. If you need to go in to the er find a hospital with a good NICU. Good luck. I hope your little one stays put.
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 5:12 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Yes definately! A full term baby is considered any baby due between weeks 37 and 42! So You can give birth to a healthy baby 3 weeks before your due date! Only 5% of woman actually deliver on their due date, so it would be nothing to worry about.
    aspensmommy09

Answer by aspensmommy09 at 8:23 PM on Apr. 7, 2009