Kinda petty, but I need opinions...

I'm 12wks pregnant, and don't fit in my clothes. LOL

My hubby and I just bought the auto shop we've worked for for 3 years. My "professional attire" until now has consisted of jeans, and t-shirts (usually from the businesses we do work for) My sister gave me all of her maternity clothes, but they are more "professional" than anything I've ever worn here. I'm tired of putting rubber bands on my jean buttons, but I don't want people to think that just because we bought the business, I'm suddenly buying nicer clothes. Am I being stupid?

mmmommy0207

Asked by mmmommy0207 at 3:41 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Go to www.oldnavy.com
    There is a clearance maternity section with a ton of casual yet cute options.
    It's important to feel comfortable and confident!
    JenLouCecilia

Answer by JenLouCecilia at 8:47 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• No not at all. Most maternity clothes are a little dressy though. They have a belly band thing at motherhood maternity for like $15 if I remember right. I am 27 weeks and still use mine over my regular jeans, it is wonderful. It is like a tube top, but you put it on your belly instead and it hides where ytour pants are undone and does a really good job of holding them up too. It just looks like you have another t-shirt on under the shirt you are wearing.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 3:45 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• http://www.motherhood.com/Shop_MotherhoodMaternity/Tummy_Sleeve.asp?MasterCategory_Id=MC12&website_Id=1

Here is the link for it it shows some pictures. I love mine, they come in black too.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 3:47 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Could you wear the pants with some t-shirts? The t would "dress down" the pants. As you start to show more, people will realize that it's not you choosing to "dress up", but a matter of wearing what fits and looks half decent. Good luck and congrats.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 3:51 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Who cares what other people think? Be as comfortable as you can.
    Anonymous

• Honey, WHO CARES!! Wear those maternity clothes and show off that baby bump! So what if they think you're buying nicer clothes as long as you're not asking them to pay for them! Be comfortable mama!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:47 PM on Apr. 3, 2009