cat hell

My cats are destroying my new couches =[ they have the sides all torn up and they are even working on the wood legs. What can be done? I've already tryed scratching posts,they prefer my couches!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:10 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Pets

• They have some spray stuff that is supposed to repell them away. Not sure how well it works though, but worth a shot.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 4:18 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• that spray and cat nip in the scratching posts, it will attract the cat to it
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 4:55 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Spraying the couches with anything citrus smelling should also help. Cats aren't very fond of citrus
    Tigress0717

Answer by Tigress0717 at 5:18 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• If you dont want to spray your couches get some dbl sided tape and put up tin foil on the parts they are shredding. I know its not very stylish but most cats hate tin foil and it should stop them from doing that within 2 weeks hopefully.
    itsokmomshere

Answer by itsokmomshere at 7:53 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I forgot also get a box about the size of your cat maybe a bit bigger and cut a hole in it so they can have like a little club house and they might use that as their scratching post. I have a shredder and these things have worked for me. He loves the boxes... he in always scratching at it and not my couch or rug
    itsokmomshere

Answer by itsokmomshere at 7:55 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• My friend was worried about the cat getting into a craib, so before she brought the baby home she put aluminum foil in the cribs. It scared him so he never went up there. Spray bottle.... declaw
    muzikgrl477

Answer by muzikgrl477 at 8:11 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Get them de-clawed, then you won't have to worry about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:16 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• No advice here, I get mine declawed asap.
    hdb

Answer by hdb at 1:14 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Please do not declaw your cat. It is a very cruel practice. You can get little caps I think they are called "softpaws" to put over their claws. Your groomer can also put them on for you if you have trouble.
    Please, please don't do it. You wouldn't want someone to rip your fingernails out, would you?
    Anonymous

• Declaw.
    Anonymous