How do you know when you are given a test by GOD ?

I have prayed and prayed that my husband could stay around here and work . Sometimes he has to go out of town. I trust in GOD that HE knows best. Still I am sad and I feel like I need my husband to be around. I know that I am not truly alone though. I could really use some encouragement right now. If you have any will you please share it with me ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• You can't know when God tests you because He doesn't. Just live your life in accord to his word and be fine.
    Anonymous

• I think that when you are in doubt about something and you do what you believe is the right thing even though it costs you time or money or effort, that that peaceful and positive feeling that you get afterwards means that you have passed a test.

Answer by Bmat at 4:20 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I believe that everything hard in life is a test to your faith in him, like when something bad happens do you go to him for help or drift away because you don't understand why it's happening. Even good people have bad things that happen. God knows what he's doing, so keep the faith, it will happen just keep asking.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 4:21 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• You never know when God is testing you, so you must assume that everything is a test and do your best to do the right thing. Just remember that - For with evil things God cannot be tried nor does he himself try anyone.” (James 1:13). We sometimes forget that we live in Satans world and it is he who brings upon us evil and misery in his efforts to disillusion us to destroy our faith in our great father.
    Familytyme

Answer by Familytyme at 4:23 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I don't believe God tests anyone. I do believe everything happens for a reason. Do a lot of thinking and see if you can find an answer to why is it happening. Every time I have something get in the way of what I feel is best, I wonder why. Most of the time, I see that it is all happening for the best and it leads to the right path. Sometimes I am SO sure that I am doing the best thing, but there is something to block me. Of course I get upset and hurt but eventually can see how it is the better way. The best thing is to absorb and learn and feel the whole situation so you can be better prepared for the next time.

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 4:26 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• First off I don't think that it's a test, it's just part of life or the job someone chooses that takes then out of town, Second, ask your hubby to look for another job that won't take him out of town, I know in this time of many people without jobs he will need to keep working until he finds another one. Also just remember that God never tests us with evil, “for with evil things God cannot be tried nor does he himself try anyone. ”Jas 1:13, 14; Ge 2:16, 17; 3:17-19.
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 4:30 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Ok the bible does say the Lord tests the righteous and the wicked in Psalms however the author of that Psalm was living in OT LAW rather than NT Grace. I do not think God tests but I do believe He teaches and shows us the way to Him in every circumstances in life. Things happen because of a persons choice and free will. Only God can point man to change their minds ( repent). You need to leave it in God's hands and move forward. Don't live in the what has been but the what is and what will be. Live today as He would want you to live! Lean on Him who can fill what your Husband cannot!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:33 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I don't believe that God tests us. I think that He has something better in store for you and you DH. Something wonderful. Just be patient - His ways are not always OUR ways.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 4:37 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• when the world feels like it is crashing down around you keep an eye out for the little light that is shining through. They say God will never give us more than we can bare but he will push us to our limit to help us to grow. We learn through doing and God gives us much to be done. Have faith and you will make it through. That little light is there waiting for you to get to it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:51 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• God works in seasons. This is just a season in your life that you can get to know God better. When it is over you will be able to help another person through the situations GOd has brought you out of. God. Bless.
    mommiejay453

Answer by mommiejay453 at 9:19 PM on Apr. 3, 2009