Question for moms with 2 or more kids

Would you say your first labor was the hardest one of all of them?

Apr1l

Asked by Apr1l at 4:33 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yep. Because it's the first one. By the time the next one rolls around your body has been there done that so it goes a little or in my case alot faster and easier.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 4:35 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Both labor/deliveries were 5 hours for me. The 1st was definately harder because I had no idea what my body was doing. Although I'd talked to so many, and took the classes, etc.....I was unprepared personally.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 4:37 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• i wouldnt say it was harder, it was definately longer..my 1st was 12 1/2 hrs anf 2nd 3hrs 14min..my 2nd one was definately more painful becuase it wasnt gradual, but pushing was just a little easier than w my first..i didnt have to push that long w my first or 2nd..only about 10-20 mins, but i felt pressure w my first and nothing at all w my 2nd..i had to be told her head was out. i had the epi w both.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 4:46 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• YES!!!! My first child was 24 hours of labor and he was delivered by vacuum extraction and literally ripped me all the way down!!! I was sitting on an inflated tube for a month!!!! The next one was 4 hours and my 3rd slid right out literally! They almost dropped her she came out so fast.
    Anonymous

• My first labor was drug free. My second, I couldn't get the epidural quick enough! LOL. They both lasted from 12-13 hours. However, they were 11 years apart. Because I just had my son 2 years ago, I am hoping this labor will be easier.
    bossbankston

Answer by bossbankston at 5:16 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• My first was harder & longer than my 2nd. I'm hoping my 3rd will be even easier & quicker.
    gaamom

Answer by gaamom at 6:05 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• it was longer and harder the first time.... not much longer than with my second son... but it was way more stressful cause i didnt know what to expect.
    My First Was 28hours of active labor, and my second was 25hours active labor!
    But with my first son it took almost 2 hours to push him out and this time it took about 3 pushes and he was out... no episiotomy (spelling?) or stitches so the healing time this time was SO quick. I was up walking around less than an hour after I had him! I felt great!
    So yes first was harder.... second not so bad..... so this time Im hoping it will be cake!
    mommyof_2boyz

Answer by mommyof_2boyz at 12:33 PM on Apr. 5, 2009