Do you think it is okay for husbands and wives to keep their passwords for email, myspace, facebook, etc from each other? Or do you think that it is just asking for trouble?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:40 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• my husband doesn't know mine at all
    Anonymous

• I think that if you are married, and you don't trust your SO enough to allow them to have access to your myspace, facebook, email, etc. then you REALLY need to re-evaluate your relationship. JMHO.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 4:44 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Anon :42 the question is if you think it is okay? Not if you do it or not.
    Anonymous

• We know each others passwords. We have access to each others financial records. We have access to each others wallets. (we are not married yet). BUT above all, we have a respect for privacy that belongs to each other. Our reasons for access is for emergency, medical, hospitalization reasons, etc. But privacy is more important. It's about retaining a sense of self that is often lost in relationships. I guess we trust each other enough that there's never been a reason to snoop. Heck, my kids know all my passwords.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 4:49 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I keep my passwords private from my DH for security reasons. Not that I have anything to hide. I told him ANYTIME he wants to read my emails, etc. I will log on and show him everything. I don't want to give him my passwords for fear that he will go to his work and it get into the wrong hands. I don't trust people he works with and I have told him that. Difference with me from a lot of other women though is that my DH trusts me and is not an insecure suspicious control freak. I am very blessed. I even show him this site and all the questions I post and answers I leave. He got grossed out the first day and doesn't want to see anymore! LOL!!!!
    Anonymous

• We know some of each other's passwords, like to bank accounts and such, but not all of them. I don't see any problems with it.

jennijune, the same thing can be said for NEEDING to know passwords... if you don't trust your husband enough to give him some privacy, maybe you need to re-evaluate YOUR relationship.

I don't need to know everything my husband does, count the amount of time he passes gas throughout the day, exactly what he says word for word to people online... who cares? He's probably just as boring as I am on here. I think there needs to be a LITTLE privacy in your life, even if you're not doing anything wrong.

I trust my husband and he trusts me, we don't NEED to know each other's passwords.
    catwalksymphony

Answer by catwalksymphony at 4:50 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• yes ,I think it's fine,if he wants to see anything I do on here,he can just say "can I see?,and I'd let him. But once he sees some of these questions,he would be so embarrased,he will never ask again lol
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 4:53 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• to each their own. my hubbs can have mine if he wants. i have nothing to hide and neither should he.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 5:01 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• 'he who has nothing to hide, hides nothing'

i have all his passwords because well... i signed him up for everything. he can see my stuff anytime he asks and sometimes he does. i've told him my passwords but he never remembers them
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 5:05 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I think it's wrong yes. My Hubby and I have all of eachothers. It's just another way to show how much we trust eachother. We never check eachother out because there is no concern.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 5:17 PM on Apr. 3, 2009