rocket fuel in baby formula??

http://www.wpxi.com/nationalnews/19084186/detail.html

what do you think? does this concern you??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:42 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• I posted this earlier today and everyone bashed me for it, accused me of trolling and told me to get my facts straight! Guess I WAS right! Ha!
    Anonymous

• well im fucked ;]
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 4:47 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• My ds is 4, so it doesn't affect me, but wow!! That is scary! What's next?!
    Anonymous

• It is found in drinking water as well. So if someone is drinking tap water that has it in it, they are passing it along via breast milk too.
    The health administration said that formula is still safe....
    Anonymous

• No, the article says there is a chemical in there to offset it. And it says it is in our own drinking water which means it can pass through your breastmilk, too. I'm not too happy with all the chemical in our foods and enviroment, but there's only so much we can do. I would still formula feed my daughter if she were younger. I will try my best to breastfeed with any other children, but if I need to switch, I will willingly comply.
    Anonymous

• Yes, it says there is something that offsets it, it also says health officials still state formula is safe

"This study provides no data on potential health effects of perchlorate. Health authorities continue to emphasize that infant formula is safe," said Haley Curtis Stevens of the International Formula Council, which represent formula manufacturers.
    -quote taken right from article
    Anonymous

• scarry, thankfully my kids are 4.5 and 23 months so this doesnt affect me. i hope all is well for the babies and momms who are affected.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 4:58 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Everyone has rocket fuel in their system! It's in water, cow's milk, vegetables, breastmilk, etc. It is not JUST IN FORMULA!
    Anonymous

• so i guess we are all gonna die??? if apparently everything is contaminated!! these researchers have too much funding.
    Anonymous

• If you are alive, you are going to die. It's a fact of life and only one of the few very sure things IN life.
    Anonymous