How do you get your picky eater to eat?

My daughter only like carrots and sweet potatoes. And she likes most of the fruits..

Maddysmom87

Asked by Maddysmom87 at 4:46 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• keep trying. it sounds like she likes enough.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 4:57 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• try making mixes with her favs... Like sweet potato-sqaush is yummy or add some apple too
    Carrots and peas, Green beans and pears, Avocado- bannana or Avocado-apple
    If you use jarred foods... try making some of your own... they have more flavor. If you already make your own try playing with the textures... my son always liked his thick.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 4:57 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I wish i knew but i'm in the same boat. my daughter is very picky.
    lilminnie

Answer by lilminnie at 5:01 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I tried mixing apple sauce or maybe the foods she will eat into veggies or other flavors - my girlfriends son would only eat carrots for like 3 months but he grew out of that too - try mixing in oatmeal or baby cereal - that sometimes made my son eat what he didn't like
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 6:10 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• My son will only eat carrots, sweet potatoes, and squash. He loves any type of fruit though of course. I'm just glad he at least eats some veggies. Mixing didn't work for us and it's been five months since he started eating the pureed food.
    Anonymous

• I made all of my own food. It is cheaper and easy. Also, you can mash your own bananas and avacados without cooking first. She may just be a picky eater. I would just keep trying to offer different foods and she will eventually like them. That is what i had to do with my 3 year old. He likes just about everything now...even broccoli, mushrooms, and all the other things most kids wont even look at. I just offer it everytime, tell him to try a "no thank you" bite and eventually he wanted to eat them. Just keep trying....
    Softwater

Answer by Softwater at 8:41 PM on Apr. 3, 2009