eBay question-- feeling stupid

So about a week or 2 ago I found pretty much exactly what I wanted to finish the baby's room. It could only be found on eBay. So I bit the bullet and after going back and forth, I went ahead and ordered the stuff. I am happy with my purchase, that's not my problem. My spam folder, and its beginning to creep into my inbox, are loaded with crap now! Is it from the eBay purchase? They are all those "contact me I have money for you" "long lost relative" "western union invoice" crap. So was I the dumb one thinking I was only getting what I ordered? Any way to get rid of all this "mail"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:51 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Just block them all as they come in. You may also want to do a security scan on your computer for a virus just in case. I doubt it is from ebay. Remember though, every website you visit has cookies and those cookies are tracked by third party companies who get your information and send you stuff you don't want. Delete your cookies often, do a security scan/spam check. You can do it free through the microsoft website.
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 4:54 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• You should be able to open the email and most have a link at the bottom to unsubscribe. That should help.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 5:00 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• You don't want to open them as that could possibly put a virus in your computer especially if you don't know the sender. You simply right click the subject text and select "Block sender" if you are uncomfortable. Then they can't send you anything anymore and you have protected your computer from possible harm.
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 5:06 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• DONT click on it,ever. IF you notice on the email it is NOT addressed to your user name that you use as id on EBAY. That should be a sign that its spam and dont open it. Report it or forward it to ebay or your internet provider spam center or block sender. I get them alot also but they are either not addressed to anyone or to someone that is NOT me. Dump em or report them,really.
    guardmp_MOM

Answer by guardmp_MOM at 5:13 PM on Apr. 3, 2009