I am 37 weeks pregnant my mucus plug came out 2 days ago and alittle while after it happened i started having lower back pain and Im cramping really bad. I was told that Im 3-4 cm dilated and 80 effaced. Am I in labor.

shantelg

Asked by shantelg at 4:56 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Girl you better get to the hospital NOW!!!!!
    Anonymous

• No. Those are symptoms of pre-labor which occur any time between 2-4 weeks before you will actuall go into labor.

You will know that you are in labor when you have contractions that will be 5 min apart (almost like clockwork) for a duration of 45 minutes or longer consistently (OR you start trickling, leaking or gushing fluid). The contractions feel almost identical to Braxton Hick's contractions, only they get stronger and more intense with each frequency (if your water hasn't broken, they will be uncomfortable but not necessarily "painful").

Since you are 3-4cm dialated at only 37 weeks and are having these symptoms, I would call your doctor to see if they might not want to move your next appointment up sooner to get checked.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 5:02 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Do not need to RUSH to the hospital. You will know when you are in labor. Time yoru contractions and call yoru doctor.
    Anonymous