OH MY GOD

Are there any other Mother's out there APPALLED at how young some kids are having sex? I mean my God where are these parents and how is this ok, they are children, innocent children. Some of these parents don't even think it's a big deal if there 10 year old is sexually active. Now I know saving yourself for marriage is a streach in this day and age but what happened to raising your kids to wait until they were old enough to assume the responsiblilities that may come form having sex. Ugh I amd just SO disgusted right now. I have a 9 year old Son (almost 10) and he doesn't even view girls as anything but friends for the most part. If these poor children are never taught self respect, they have no chance.

happyathomemum

Asked by happyathomemum at 6:01 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Look at the parents of these children. Drug addicts and alcoholics, abusers, the kids feel the need to find love but dont know where to go. Their parents never showed them the right way to go so they go the only way they know; doing what their parents taught them to do. I do not place the fault in the child, but in the parent.

I should know, i was one of them.

Im not saying that every kid that has sex before their ready has terrible parents, im just stating what ive seen. I have never really encountered a "good" parent so i do not judge them.
    SpiritedTigress

Answer by SpiritedTigress at 6:20 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• it is.appalling.

and a bit scary in a way. so far my boys say they don't even see a point in dating until they are out of high school. They are 12, 14, 15.

Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 6:10 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Because parents are leaving their children unsupervised and unattended more and more. Kids should go to school as long as a parent works. 8-5, 9-5 whatever. A lot happens with kids when they are out of school before the parent gets home from work.
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 6:13 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• You can talk to your kids about it but if they want to do it they will. I have an 11 year old son and he knows about sex and I'm scared. Best to teach them about condoms too. I told my son I'll cry if he does anything. I sound immature but it's scary. Kids will do what they want even if we warn them. I did when I was young. But I wasn't 11 that's for sure. When I was 11 I was still playing with Barbies for crying out loud. I teach my son to love girls and respect them. That sex is to have when you love someone. To wait until he's older and responsible. I'm saying it again I'm scared when he's a teen.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 6:18 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I swear I'll crush the pill into my daughter's oj each morning, so she doesn't gett pregnant at 12 or something lol. No but sereiously it's true , terrible.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 7:09 PM on Apr. 3, 2009