Traveling with a baby

I am flying back home when my son is 9months old. Any tips to make it go smooth? I know babies can not pop their ears like we can. My husband can not come so i am on my own. Any tips let me know Thanks!

pchef_nicole

Asked by pchef_nicole at 1:07 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hi good question. When I traveled with my young children I brought a pacifier, bottle or lollipop. The sucking helps their ears pop. Benadryl also works because they sleeep or relax and the pressure is less. Hope this helps.
    FAHTMOM

Answer by FAHTMOM at 1:27 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I traveled with my Son Kj at that age as our second plane trip make sure you bring extra of everything if you think you will need 3 bottles bring enough to make 6 same with diapers twice as many as you think you will need. Bring 2 sets of extra clothes for baby just in case. I always bring an extra set for myself too cause walking around for 6 hours with baby vomit on you is not what you want to do. don't bother with shoes for the baby just socks you know will stay on cause they will be climbing on you the whole trip. bring your stroller with you in the airport and check it at the door of the plane it makes it so much easier to carry everything. um PM me if you need more tips i have flown with KJ at 2 weeks old 9 months and 14 months
    MummaCat

Answer by MummaCat at 1:34 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Well we flew with our 5 1/2 month old and we did give her a little bit of Tylenol 1 hour before we got on the plane. A Lay over is a big help too if you have a long flight. We flew from FL to PA and had a layover in GA. It was a big help. Give your baby a bottle when the plane starts moving to take off. If you give it to him/her before you may be stuck on the runway a while. The lay over also helped because be the time our next flight was going to happen she was ready for another botttle. OH and the biggest tip I have for you is spend the extra $50 and fly business class the big seats are WORTH the extra money!!!
    MRSEML

Answer by MRSEML at 1:35 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• My daughter is 9 months old and we just flew to Jamaica and back last week. She did very well. I made sure that when the plane took off and came in for landing she was drinking a bottle. My pediatrician told me to do this so that way she was constantly swallowing and clearing her ears from any cabin pressure.
    mom2jaycie

Answer by mom2jaycie at 7:46 PM on Jun. 20, 2008