hands down the pants

My 2 1/2 year old keeps putting his hands down the back of his pants and now sometimes he is doing it in the front. I tell him no and it's "yucky" and he laughs! I don't want him spreading any germs to his mouth. How can I get him to stop and do all toddlers go through this stage?

paytonpants54

Asked by paytonpants54 at 6:22 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yes mine does it too. he is also 2 1/2. we keep germx with us at ALL times. we use it several times a day. especially when i discovered little boys are gross little creatures lol.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 6:41 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• My little sister did that. We talked to the doctor and she said not to say its gross or bad because that could harm them psychologicly in the future. She said to take their mind off of what their doing and bring NO attention to it. He could be doing it for attention or because it itches or he just wants to see what that area is about. So its hard but it works; distract him and get him interested in something else.

Good luck! <3
    SpiritedTigress

Answer by SpiritedTigress at 6:52 PM on Apr. 3, 2009