I am about to have surgery and I am scared. What's it like?

It is outpatient, and only take a few minutes, but I am scared. Its an ablation (like a hysterectomy, but not as severe). Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:26 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If you are going under Anesthesia...it ROCKS. Best sleep I have had since becoming a Mother. I was nervous too (I had major back surgery) it was nothing to worry about though. It was over before I knew it and I was outpatient too. Good Luck sweetie, it's normal to be nervous.

happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 6:29 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I will be awake, but they are going to give me vicodin, ibuprophen and atavan about an hour before.
    Anonymous

• Ohh damn. Being knocked out is the best!! You just lay there and literally feel yourself going unconcious...LOL! I loved it. Pain when you wake up...not so much :-/ Good luck!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 6:32 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• You'll be so relaxed you won't be afraid. You'll be amazed how easy it is for you. Be sure to tell the nurses and anesthesioligist about your fears so they can also reassure you.

Answer by Bmat at 6:34 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I;m not sure the drug they gave me when I had surgery, but I was supposedly awake and cooperative, but they said it was a amnesiac, and I truly dont remember a thing. GL it really isnt that bad.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 6:36 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Love being KNOCKED out.....its like one minute you are there and the next you are sleeping. When you wake up you will not even be able to remember when exactly it was that you fell asleep. I have never been so relaxed in all my life. I am so jealouse you get to go under!!!!!
    You will wake up and just be dazzed.....but you will also be tripped out on how nice it was to fall asleep so fast and easy.
    LimoMOM5

Answer by LimoMOM5 at 6:40 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• My experience with surgery has been that if I go under I have a harder time recovering. When I've just had some sort of pain block or pain pills the recovery has been easier and I'm not as loopy when I am done with the surgery itself.
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 6:47 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Just think positive and never entertain any negative though, also follow your doctors advise to have a fast recovery. DePuy Pinnacle

pinnaclelawsuit

Answer by pinnaclelawsuit at 2:31 PM on Mar. 9, 2012