Has any one ever worked a "man's" job?

I say "man's" job only because in Construction you don't see many women. I saw more that I expected but not many. Anyone else ever work something that is considered a "man's" job? Just further proof that we can do just about anything they can do, they are still stronger by far, but we hold our own quite well.

happyathomemum

Asked by happyathomemum at 6:32 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No such thing in today's society.
    Anonymous

• when i was growing up (im 21) my mom had "men jobs". she didnt have any education to speak up (she completed the 8th grade) so she didnt really have a choice. she did construction, dug ditches, worked in a furniture (sp?) building place, i could go on...
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 6:36 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• And by that you mean what? I was just wondering if any other women have worked a traditional "man's" job. That's all. What it was and if they still do it?
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 6:37 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• i AM A BIOMEDICAL EQUIPMENT TECHNICIAN- THE ONLY GIRL IN OUR DEPARTMENT. some guys look at me or ask do you need help with that? I tell them no, im perfectly capable myseIf. And seeing how some women are on here im glad i work with men instead of a bunch of women. i wouldn't have it any other way.
    casd

Answer by casd at 6:46 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• That's why I did what I did, I cannot work with other Women, they are (for the most part) catty, underhanded, two faced liars. I get along with men WAY better. I have very close Women friends but they have my personality so it works. I trust Men way more than Women.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 6:49 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• by far! i couldn't agree more.Some of todays questions prove our point.
    casd

Answer by casd at 6:50 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I am a Forester..when I go to conventions, the men assume I am part of the hotel staff.
    missv66

Answer by missv66 at 6:51 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• isn't it terrible- my dad brought me up to be self sufficent. I love him for that. I can do anything a man can do and probally better.
    casd

Answer by casd at 6:52 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Years ago I worked in construction. It was hard work but I loved it...
    Summer458

Answer by Summer458 at 6:52 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Way to go ladies!!!! We rock!!! I no longer work outside of the home, I'm home with our children, that and when my Dad and I were building a barn, I ruputured a disk in my back and had major back surgery. Damn 350 pound I beams, I guess I shouldn't have lifted 8 of them above my head to set them in place. Oh well, it was still my FAVORITE job ever and I did it for 6 years.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 7:08 PM on Apr. 3, 2009