Should I circumsize?

I'm honestly trying to figure out if I should save the money to pay for it, or if I should leave it for him to choose in the future.
What are the benefits of circumsizing and the benefits of not?

emmetsmom09

Asked by emmetsmom09 at 6:54 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son is circumcised... I know a lot of mothers will tell me I'm wrong for doing it but I did it for my son... I know the problems is can cause if not cleaned properly and when you have a boy you need to get in and get out as fast as you can when you change lol.. Plus most boys will and I was teased in high school so if this one little thing could possibly help that not happen or make that one less thing they have on him later on in life well it was a small price to pay.. Thats just me.. I would do some research before making a final decision
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 7:13 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Im not sure but i gotta say- if in the future he wishes he were I doubt he'll choose to do it then
    Anonymous

• If I have a son, I will circumcise. Everyone in my family is and no one is unhappy about it. Uncircumcised penises look gross.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:59 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• All the reasons these days outside of being Jewish are aesthetic. If a mom or dad shows him how to clean it properly then there should be no problem. Honestly if I were to have a boy he will not be circumsized.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:00 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• if I were you id just google it and read all about it to come up with your own thoughts on it, everyone will have there own opinions on this subject because it's one of the most debated topics, but i will tell you that one of my son's is and the other one isn't ( there dad's had different opinions about it) and honestly they don't seem to mind. just if you decide not to make sure you clean it well and teach them to do the same. good luck with what ever you decide.
    WhatevaItTakes

Answer by WhatevaItTakes at 7:00 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I chose to circumsize my son, I asked about it first, the nurse told me that normally the ones that do not circumsize, choose not to because of thier beliefs. She told me that, it takes more effort to keep it clean, and that if she were me she would circumsize, because, mostly everyone else the child would know would have it done. Plus I think it's better to get it done now, when there not going to remember it, That would probably be something traumatic as a teen or something, plus I used to know a guy who was not circumsized and everyone called him hood. Well good luck!
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 7:00 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I think they're nasty looking too... and the only health reasons I know of won't affect him til he's older and having sex... which is not something I want to think about. lol.
    emmetsmom09

Answer by emmetsmom09 at 7:01 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I see no benefits to it. I don't believe in routine infant circumcision. My advice would be not to.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:01 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Actually there were new studies that showed it lowered infection and std rates. I am too lazy to look it up but read it just a month ago. Mine is circumsized. If he is older he is not going to choose to do it.
    Anonymous

• I circumcised my son.
    nishchav

Answer by nishchav at 7:02 PM on Apr. 3, 2009