Are you or someone you know named after a city, state or country?

If so, do you/they hate it or like it? What is the name?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:54 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Not me or anyone I know, but when I have a girl I plan on naming her Brookelynn
    Anonymous

• well my son is named Austin but we didn't name him because of the city we just liked the name, and a street was named after me because when the city was naming our street (it didn't have a name) the went door to door down our street and liked the way I spell my name (Robyn) so now there's a Robyn St.
    WhatevaItTakes

Answer by WhatevaItTakes at 6:57 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I knew a girl named Phoenix. But she lived in New Zealand and I'm pretty sure she wasn't aware that it was also a US city. And I know someone who named their daughted Brooke Lynne. Oh and my best friend growing up, her mom's name was Virginia. I guess she liked it, I never heard her complain! I wanna say that's it..
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 7:00 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Oh no I lied. I also knew a little boy named Dallas. He was too young to say if he liked it or not! OKay, now that's it :-)
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 7:01 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• My 2 little cousins have names after states.Their mom just liked the names (though she did a weird spelling of Dakota) The girl's name is Montana and the boys name is Dakotha. Also my oldest son's middle name is Dakota because I thought Daniel Dakota sounded good!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 7:01 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I knew a little girl named India.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 7:03 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Son's name is Dakota.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 7:16 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Son's name Austin. Friends SD's named Berlin and Sydney and a brother named London ( I feel the song coming on......)
    Anonymous

• i know a girl named london, and she loves it.
    I know a little girl named brookelynn rain, shes to young to know.
    i know a girl named virginia, and she hated it because people called her vagina instead.

uhh.....i think thats it? lol
    Anonymous

• I know a guy named Colorado. He was ok with it. He's in his 30's now
    He named his daughter Aspen. She was too young to care.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 8:09 PM on Apr. 3, 2009