how do you handle your boyfriend being in jail?

my boyfriend/ baby's daddy is in jail for a worant out on him he was put there to do his time and get out so we can be happy with no worries i just need to know how to wait for him

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:24 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• I wouldn't be stupid enough to date someone who would do something to go to jail to begin with.
    Anonymous

• I don't! I have a child, I don't have time to put up with an SO in jail.
    Anonymous

• I wouldnt. If hes dumb enough to get put in jail, then I am smart enough to find me a better man.
    Anonymous

• Well if it's a warrant it WON'T be like a year. It will be more like max 120 days. Then again what kinda warrant. It really doesn't matter what the hell we say it's like your life, your heart, your child that's looking @ you. How deep is your loyalty you know. Its more like you want us to pray 4u that he doesn't catch a case while he's up there trying to protect himself. More like our prayers are with you that your dude comes back home DISEASE free. We can tell u what 2do all day long but none of us are with you when you are laying up there late @ night alone???? We have love 4u n' will include u n' our prayers. Would he do it 4u? That's the difference between man n' woman. How much does ur family means 2u? This is truly something YOU have live with. Go 2 prison talk, they may feel the same way I do about a question like that but THAT'S where u will get the most support about 4ur situation. Those people HAVE ur back..........
    Jess288

Answer by Jess288 at 7:40 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Okay, I feel bad about the other ladies answers. Loyal much Ladies?!!! Jeez! I'd hate to depend on you guys in hard times!!
    Now, I have an amazing husband & father of our kids, and I had to deal with a small amount of time with him in jail on an old traffic ticket that was from another state. They picked him up for it as an old warrant he didn't even know exsisted, they were acting like they were going to extradite him to the other state -it was horrible! He ended up getting out with no case (they weren't gonna extradite him for the traffic warrant!!) just paid the old ticket from other state -it was ridiculous- but heart wrenching to deal with 4 days of being with out him! So I know how you feel hun! Can you accept collect calls from him? That helps, even though they are kinda expensive. Write letters and visit on his visit days. that helps. Find out what his max sentence could be & the minimum. see if you can help it any?
    Anonymous

• well he was put there by protecting me and his lil girl and he had no way to pay his probation officer since she was born so they put a warrent out on him he has 1 and 1/2 months left so to show you all what i am going through would make u cry ur hearts out for that long our lil girl screems his name all day long everytime i get a call she wants to talk because she thinks her daddy i have no support at all thanks to a guy who pulled a gun on us when walking home from the park she wants him so bad it makes me cry to see her calling out for him and he can't come to her he was the only one that worked i was working then my girl got so sick and was in the hospital for a week and he told me to call off that week and my boss fired me the day i called off cuz she could not see my lil girl was so sick she was vomiting blood so it went back to being just him working now i have no job back at my mom's house i now have very little now
    lizzy1989

Answer by lizzy1989 at 1:12 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• now that the one i love is in jail and the girl we always wanted is here with no dad i hope u guys cry like i do all day and night i can't sleep knowing he is in jail and my lil girl can't have him, play with him, hold him, kiss him, or have him laying in bed with us like he has for 6 months now we where going to be married next month but that changed now we have to put it off one more year or two and i have to leave my lil girl with a stranger just so i can look for a job again he has been gone 2 weeks on sunday and it get harder everyday just because my lil girl is sick again and when she is sick she wants her daddy so to see her suffer hurts me more then just my heart being riped out and put behind bars i may be a 19 year old and white and him a 27 year old and black means people should treat us diffrent then we treat everyone else but he is my one true love and i know i am to young to know that yet but heis my best friend
    lizzy1989

Answer by lizzy1989 at 1:26 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• so go a head and judge him and me for loving each other so much we tell each other everything and he knows my whole past and i know his that is why we been to gether so long yes we fight but we can't stay mad at each other that long at all we stay mad for 1hour each time we fight we then talk and we see what the other was trying to show the one so i just want some help to keep me from going in sane and hurting anyone around me i and to the bracking point and tured to u guys for some help and i now need all the advice i can get to help me and my lil girl from hurting any longer when we wait for him to come back to our loving arms i pray and try everything but nothing helps it is hard to show my lil girl i am strong when i can't stop thinking or crying and i can't get calls from him at all and i tryed to see him this week but i have been so busy getting wic for my lil girl looking for a house and looking for a job and tring to
    lizzy1989

Answer by lizzy1989 at 1:38 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• be strong for her to make it through the day with out him i knew him for 4 years then we have been dating for 1 and 1/2 years
    lizzy1989

Answer by lizzy1989 at 1:39 AM on Apr. 4, 2009