Has anyone ever been through a court trial for domestic assault?

Can you share what happened? Who gets called to the stand first, vistim, defendent? WHo decides the verdict, judge or jury? Can the defendent refuse to take the stand? Also, what are guidelines about minors taking the stand. I'm sure this varys by state, I'm in Iowa.

If you have ever been through this, please help me out by sharing your story. Were you the victim, a witness, or was a man you know accused of something? I'm also wondering, was helps decide the verdict? What evidence matters most? (There was no bruising. I have never been through a criminal trial before and am nervous. Also my 14 y.o. son was assaulted and he may have to speak.

Thanks.

whirlygirl

Asked by whirlygirl at 7:26 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• I didn't read all of it but the heading to prison talk they will TELL u things that you couldn't even think of about that type stuff. I ran threw it but it depends on if he has a record already like what he or is he on parole no matter what the judge has the final say so but those people @ prions talk are world wide so click on your state and type in domestic violence and you will have OVER 1000 inquires live talk with men and women in similar situations. I PROMISE U...........
    Jess288

Answer by Jess288 at 7:45 PM on Apr. 3, 2009