Has anyone here had kids very close together and if so how do they deal with the stress from it I have two kids a year apart and am having a very hard time with it can anyone offer me any advice?

MoMMyto2971

Asked by MoMMyto2971 at 7:28 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• I have 3 in 33 months. (22 months between the oldest two and 11 months between youngest two)

I just take it day by day. Between their individual challenges, sensory issues, therapy schedules and health issues....if I think about it too much I'd go nuts.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:32 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• The more organized the happier. and you need so mom only time!!! it is very important to squeeze it in!!! Atleast weekly, if not daily. an hour at night to take a bubble bath with some candles and good music.
    muzikgrl477

Answer by muzikgrl477 at 7:56 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I tend to laugh when the craziness gets to me. There are times when it seems the world is crashing down and I just laugh because I know in a few years they won't be little anymore and I will miss the craziness.
    I also make sure I write about it in my journal because I want the memories of when the boys were little.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 8:31 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Just take one day at a time. I would say that the first six months were the hardest. My boys are 13 months apart. Now they are 15 months and 28 months. They go to their room and will play for an hour together at times. It has really calmed down since they have gotten older. In the beginning, I just made sure that I slept when they slept so I could keep up and didn't stress and freak out about the little things (like a 14 month old dumping a whole box of cheerios on the floor while I was nursing his brother! lol)
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 10:19 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I had 3 kids in 28 months (there is 15 months between #1 and #2 and 13 months between #2 and #3). I agree to just take it one day at a time and don't sweat the small stuff. Let the cleaning go and just keep the basics done. I was happy as long as the dishes were done every other day and laundry was done once a week. I didn't do much else. And, personally, I had no problem turning on the TV and all of us plopping down to relax. Whatever made them sit still for an hour so I could relax...or eat.
    After my 3rd was born I kept trying to do everything like I thought I was supposed to and I ended up having a nervous breakdown. It wasn't pretty or fun and I had to send my older 2 kids to stay with family for 3 WEEKS to recover. It sucked. I learned from that. I now have 4 kids (8, 7, 6 and 3) and another on the way and I'm not worried at all.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:22 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• my kids are 14 months apart so i have a one and half year old and a two and a half year old. just go with it and dont fight it , and just do one thing at a time no matter how badly you want to move onto the next thing just stick to that one. And the same thing goes for your kids just do one child at a time, it will teach them to take turns too if you dont try to do everything with them all at once. sometimes taking deep breaths and doing a mommy time out can help too, and always down play the situation is it really a big deal or am i just blowing this out of proportion. if you need any advice you can e-mail me
    emleejane

Answer by emleejane at 5:46 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• i have a 22 month old and a 9 month old and im 21 so yea um i take it day by day i laugh as much as i can and my kids make me laugh so much i love them to death and seeing them happy makes me happy yea sometimes they drive me nuts but at the end when they go to sleep and give me that lil smile b4 they crash everything seems alright again even now my 9m old is going thru sever seperation anxitiy and hes driving me nuts with the screaming everytime i leave his sight but again i see his smile and im alright when things get really bad i go to my moms with them she plays with them and trys to give me a few mins by myself
    cocobutt2002

Answer by cocobutt2002 at 2:40 AM on Apr. 5, 2009