medicine

Do you still give your child certain medicine even after the doctor said not to? For example: They took infant cough med off the shelves, you just use toddler and give them a less dose.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:31 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• No if the doctor says it not safe, you shouldn't use it. What if god forbid something happened to your child? I'm sure that person would never 4give theirselves.
    chrissya25

Answer by chrissya25 at 7:32 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• All the time. I've been having kids since 1996 and I know that sudafed (the real stuff) works just fine for their congestion. Their biological composition is not different than what it was 13 years ago. I know what the dosage is and I will continue to give them cold medicine instead of keeping them miserable.
    Anonymous

• Yup. I gotta great doc too. She gives me donatussin....the best cough med in the whole lovely wide world. ONLY thing that works.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 9:37 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Um, no. Why would you give a medicine that is not for your childs age? You could easily overdose your child and it would be your fault. FInd out from the doc what you can give and stick with that.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:59 PM on Apr. 3, 2009