For Christians... Do you still attend a church of the same denomination you grew up with?

I am just curious because I know a lot of people who grew up in my faith but also many who have converted.

I myself am a convert. I was raised Catholic but was baptised Seventh Day Adventist when I was 18 and that is my church to this day.

momof3inTN

Asked by momof3inTN at 7:31 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Now to confuse you, I was baptised Lutheran Missouri synod, then raised Lutheran LCR, then Luthran WELS, and am now thinking fo changing to Lutheran CLC which is close to what I was brought up. You'd think Lutheran is Luteran, but it isn't there are so many different synods with different beliefs. I like the ones that stick to the Word of the Bible and don't vary from it.
    Minnesotamom

Answer by Minnesotamom at 5:54 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I was raised Catholic and am to this day Catholic. I am very happy : )
    jhj4ever

Answer by jhj4ever at 7:34 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Non-denominational since birth. Been going to the same church since I was 6. I've gone to other churches, but they have all been the denomination.

asTraySoJouRner

Answer by asTraySoJouRner at 7:35 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I was raised Catholic but now I am Mormon
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 7:39 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I've visited several different churches actually. LOL Sorry! I love learning about other's beliefs. So I go to church on Sabbath (Saturday) while most other churches go on Sunday. I have visited many churches on Sundays just to learn more.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 7:40 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I was raised JW, and now I'm Seventh Day Adventist.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 8:13 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I grew up Lutheran, but I go to the Protestant Chapel on base.
    BethTTC

Answer by BethTTC at 8:17 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• no I grew up as Babtist but Now am Pentecostal and I LOVE IT!
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 8:44 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I wasn't any religion because my Catholic mother died when I was almost 5 and I was raised by my Atheist dad,But I just always knew that God was there, over 20 years ago I stasrted to study the Bible and over 18 years ago I was Baptised as one of Jehovah's Witnesses...
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 9:43 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I was raised Presbyterian, went to a Lutheran church in my younger years, have attended several Assembly of God, Pentecostal, and Baptist churches, am still a member of (although I don't attend) a Methodist church . . .

My husband teases me and says I'm a Presbyluthermethobapticostal. LOL
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 10:24 PM on Apr. 3, 2009