what do puerto ricans eat

ok so here is the deal my moms new man is puerto rican and well he eats what we eat but he purposed to my mom and is flying to puerto rico to get his mom so we can celebrate and i have been googling all day i wanted to make something called mofongo but i cant figure it out any advise on a simple puerto rican dish thats not rice beans and chicken?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:36 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Maybe his mother would like to try a favorite dish of his new in-laws. Something native to where you live instead of where she lives.
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 3:43 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Nope. The Puerto Ricans I know all eat "American Foods". Look on www.foodnetwork.com, allrecipes.com There may be recipes on those sites.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:04 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• You should be able to find mofongo recipes on foodnetwork.com.. I've seen it made on there. Just smashed plantains, garlic, and some sort of meat or fish on top isn't it...
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 1:23 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Peel and boil plantains and mash with butter and salt. Cook red onions in a little olive oil with a little dash of white vinager. Serve with onion mixture or top off with a slice of fried salami. Great for a breakfast dish.
    JYL

Answer by JYL at 9:31 AM on Apr. 4, 2009