MADONNA ADOPTION PETITION REJECTED.

WHAT IS YOUR OPINNION? SHOULD MEGA-RICH STARS BE ABLE TO BYPASS RULES AND REGULATIONS? SHOULD "THROWING MONEY" AT IMPOVERISHED PEOPLE MAKE A DIFFERENCE?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:47 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I personally think that they shouldnt be able to adopt just like that no matter how much money someone makes also if a single non famous women wanted to adopt they wouldnt let them I dont see why someone famous can.
    Anonymous

• She probably got rejected because she is not married any more..Or going threw a divorce.Or got a different Judge then last time. There are kids here in America that need adopting. Just a badly as other countries.

Answer by louise2 at 7:53 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I definitely think there needs to be a screening process. Being a celebrity comes with extra considerations for a child...will they be able to spend enough time with them? Will they be able to keep them in school without interruptions...things like that. If there isn't a screening process it is like "buying a child"
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:56 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I agree with louise2 tons of kids here in america need to be adopted why not adopt one of them
    Anonymous

• It's possible she got rejected for her age. She doesnt look it, but she is over 50. Aren't there age requirements for the rest of us? And yes, if she has enough energy to raise a child why doesn't she get one here?
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 10:15 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I think she should have to follow the rules like everyone else... what i dont like is that its so hard to adopt... i understand they have to make sure the people are good, but 5 yrs?!?! thats crazy... these children need familes now!.. so i guess if i want to adopt when i'm like 30, i should start now?
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 10:17 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I believe the reason was because you have to live in the place for a certain amount of time where you are adopting the child from.. You cant just barge in, and adopt a kid and swoop them away in a flash.. Doesnt work like that.
    Anonymous

• Madonna is unstable and should not be adopting right now. She just divorced her husband has had an affair with A Rod she should be taking care of the three kids she has and leave this child alone. I think it is arrogant of her to think she can swoop in and they will bend the law for her. I would not let her watch my dog let alone give her another child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Well said!! Anon 11:05
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:08 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I read where it was stated that the country doesn't even allow adoption and the reason why she was rejected is because the little girl is in an orphanage and receiving an education and all her needs are being taken care of so they feel they are providing already in the "best interest" of the child. The only reason why she was able to adopt the last time was because the father allowed it. Also, I read where the Gov. feels that Madonna is doing enough by her charity work, which benefits many children instead of just one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Apr. 4, 2009