my 9 month old daughter was diagnosed with luekimia

her dad has never been apart of her life he left when i got pregnant but he sends me money ( without being on childsupport) sends me gifts and in return he only asks for photos. well she was diagnosed last week and i have been struggling with weather i want to tell him or not. Hes not a bad guy he just figures that she would be better off with someone who had there crap together, but I dont want this to be the reason he comes into her life. I need some serious help here, any advise???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:53 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm so sorry for your troubles, if it makes you feel any better, my cousin had leukemia at about that age and is now in total remission at 18 yrs of age. She was in remission by about 3 yrs old. She was even the poster child for the American Cancer Society at one point. Good luck and hang in there. yes, I would tell the dad if I were you, you might need him.
    Anonymous

• I say tell him he has a right to know. (not judging) Plus if she needs a bone marrow transfushion (spelling) he could be a match or someone on his side. Sometimes it takes Horrible things to make someone realize what they want.

I am so sorry and I hope your daughter gets better fast
    Anonymous

• Gosh sweetie I'm so sorry to here that. You be strong because technology and supportive people are always there to help you. As for her father, I think he has the right to know and maybe he'll be a good support for you and your baby right now. If he decides not to be apart of it at least you did your part as a responsible mother and person and informed him of this. Keep your head up.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 7:58 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I agree with anon 756, It could be in her best interest.
    I'm so sorry you have to go through this. Sending healing thoughts.
    kryssie78

Answer by kryssie78 at 7:58 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• OMG!! I'm so sorry! I will pray for your little one.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 8:05 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I also agree with anon 756 he really needs to know. My thoughts are with you and your daughter.
    mombrinda3

Answer by mombrinda3 at 8:10 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I'm so sorry you and your little girl are faced with this diagnosis! I agree that you should tell the dad- regardless of whether he is a full time dad or not he has a right to know his daughter's health issues. Perhaps this will be the wake up call he needs to be a more involved dad, and perhaps it will be to your dd's benefit to have him aware in case he is a potential donor for her should the need arise. Many ((HUGS)) and healing vibes your way!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:44 PM on Apr. 3, 2009