has anyone had a Vbac after 3 c-section

I had a csection in 03,04,07 and now i am pregnant with twins and i want to have a vaginal birth but my doctor said that i can not have one because i have had 3 c sections already .. if you have had something like this can smeone let me know thanks
Markita

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:05 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would advise you to go to a midwife, but not a nurse midwife, as they are sometimes bound by the same restrictions insurance wise that Dr's are. It would be best if you could find a Dr that could do it, but most Dr's want to do a c-sec just with you having twins, let alone VBA3C and delivering twins on top if that. I seriously doubt that you will find a Dr that will be willing, or that their insurance would allow. At least not in this country. But from a medical standpoint, I dont see why you couldnt physically handle it, if you found a midwife. GL
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 8:14 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• A midwife probably won't take you as a patient if you have had 3 medically necessary c/s. The reason he wants you to have another c/s is the chance for uterine rupture goes way up each time you have a c/s, and if that happens you would most likely die before they could get you to an OR. That may sound blunt, but that is the medical reason for them wanting you to have another c/s.

RenaeMom3277

Answer by RenaeMom3277 at 8:41 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I agree with AK aries, I had three c-sections and the doctors won't touch you! I spent years researching other women's experiences and what I found was that the doctors only tell you what they want you to believe. Google it and look at all the testimonies of women who delivered naturally after more than three c-sections and at home and yes, even multiples!! I encourage you to empower yourself with the truth and don't let fear rule over your decision in this matter. We wouldn't be in this position if the doctors didn't keep cutting us open without real cause. It is rare that a woman really "needs" a c-section, the doctors just want to control us and the number of children we can have, Not to mention the monetary benefit! There are many midwives that help women like us~

lilhoney

Answer by lilhoney at 8:41 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• it's very risky after 3 c-sections, but, somew women can do it. i'm hoping for a vbac. i had a c-section in december 2007 and am hoping i'll have a vaginal delivery (naturally) in may 2009. good luck. yes, midwife and doula's and vbac friendly hospital.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 2:46 AM on Apr. 4, 2009