how do I get rid of pinworms

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:18 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• They have an over-the-counter medicine at Walgreens. I'm not sure what the name is, but I know its safe for children and adults. Pinworms are all too common in the U.S. and Europe but they are easily treated with the medication. Good luck!
    twocutetwins09

Answer by twocutetwins09 at 8:31 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• After taking the medication, make sure you vacuum all cloth surfaces like chairs and mattresses, wash all the bedding and any laundry the entire family wears up through that day. Yes, do this for the whole house and the whole family because pin worms are easily spread from person to person. When I was a kid, my sister and I both had them and it sucked. At that time there was no OTC medicine, we had to go to the Dr to confirm it first and then get our prescription where everyone in the family had to take one little pill. But the most important part is treating the chairs, couches, carpets, bedding just by vacuuming well.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:26 AM on Apr. 4, 2009