Anyone else had this problem with Alesse?

About 3 months ago, my doc gave me a prescription for Alesse...

Shortly after I started taking it, I started having a lot of vaginal discomfort - itching so bad I couldn't concentrate on anything else, and if I ever rubbed it, the skin was so sensitive it would sometimes break open!

I honestly thought it was caused by the fabric softener I was using, but changing or discontinuing softeners didn't help. It wasn't until I (accidentally) stopped taking the pills for a few days that the discomfort completely stopped.

Has anyone else ever experienced this as a side effect? I am inclined to not go back on the pill now, if there's any chance that's what was causing the itching/pain

P.S. I should add that this was definitely NOT a yeast infection. There was no smell or discharge, just the itching and sensitivity.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:24 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Health

• Could you talk to your doctor about it?
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 11:37 PM on Apr. 3, 2009