Question for moms that are in school

for the admission requirements of this community college I want to go to it says I need to take a college placement test (mathematics) what level mathematics is it??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:27 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Money & Work

• The point of the test is to tell what level class to put you in. You shouldn't worry...the test has everything form basic addition subtraction to advanced calculus.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 8:36 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• It will test you to see where you are. Generally to start out at college level math you need to be able to do basic algebra. If you do not place that high you will have to take developmental math courses which do not go towards your degree. Do not worry that you wont get accepted because of your math score. It is not uncommon for adults who have been out of school for awhile to not do so well on the math section of placement tests.

Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 9:00 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Yea, it's just a placement test. And most colleges will accept you before you've even take it (like mine did.)
    I got accepted and should go take mine this week, I'm just having second thoughts about going to college at all with a baby on the way... without me working I don't know if we could pay all ours bills, not including the babies needs!
    MichelleGill

Answer by MichelleGill at 10:33 PM on Apr. 5, 2009