Moving to TN

Moving to Savannah TN in 1 year. Can you tell me whats fun to do there?

Thaifalung20

Asked by Thaifalung20 at 8:28 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Travel

• Savannah is in the mid southern area, and no there is not alot to do there. But they do have an awesome Triple A baseball team there that whoops azz on alot of teams.
    The area is hot and humid, and rural. whoo hoo
    You will be in the redneck triangle of Tn, Ms, Al the cost of living is cheap but the land and woods are beautiful in the fall. lots of deer and turkey hunting.
    Unfortunately, you will also be in an area prone to tornadoes, insist on buying a home with a basement or outside shelter.
    Anonymous

• I'm not sure where Savannah is but when we moved to Memphis, we actually moved to Germantown (a suburb on the east side of town), we found that inviting our neighbors over and getting involved at church helped us have people to hang out with that knew what there was to do in town. Many days I miss being there (we're back in Albuquerque).
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 8:30 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I am not sure exactly where Savannah is. Are you close to Gatlinburg or Chattanooga?
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:39 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• If you like the water, Pickwick lake is nearby with excellent fishing and cabin rentals too. If you take 64 East to Lawrenceburg, you will find Amish Country where it is always fun to take the kids in the summer and fall. I would suggest finding a good school first, and then finding a home in that school district rather than the home first.
    Anonymous