i had a negative pregnancy test then i looked at it again a few hours later and it looked positive. is that just a false positive or could i be pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:30 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I don't know if I would trust it, but the hormone that pregnancy tests detect doesn't just appear out of nowhere. Like I said, I wouldn't trust it, so try another brand of test. Good luck!
    twocutetwins09

Answer by twocutetwins09 at 8:33 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I'd take another one just to make sure. Sometimes they'll change after a few hours or it'll look a little different.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 8:33 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Results are only valid for a few minutes. I'd wait a few days or even a week and re-test with a different brand.
    Anonymous

• If you look on the box it says right there that to look at the results in 3 minutes, but to disregard after 10 minutes. After 10 minutes it can give you a false result so I would take another one
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:37 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Having a test look positive doesn't sound postive,  your seem to anxious. Take the test again. Good luck.

meli14k

Answer by meli14k at 10:04 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• its rare to have a false positive because the pregnancy hormone is detect in your urine to cause it to be positive, sometimes its not detected if you are very very earlier in your pregnancy. i would wait to see if you period comes or not and retest. good luck
    Luckystar3982

Answer by Luckystar3982 at 12:54 AM on Apr. 5, 2009