is it possible to have a negative pregnancy test the day before your period is due and still be pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:05 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• yes, it all depends on how strong the pregnancy hormones are. It may take a few more days for the numbers to be high enough to show positive.
    Duckieglc

Answer by Duckieglc at 9:06 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• of course. that's why you're supposed to wait until after you've missed a period.
    Anonymous

• Defiantly wait until after your period, you may be anxious to know but it'll be worth knowing for sure than getting a false result. I've had negative results a week after my missed period, turns out i was preggo.
    meli14k

Answer by meli14k at 9:21 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Also, you should test with your first morning urine, because it will be the strongest.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:06 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Yes, I had five negative pregnancy tests while very pregnant with my son. I finally got a positive one at seven weeks pregnant. The next day I had an ultrasound and he had a heartbeat and everything. What I fianally worked for me was going pee before bed. And first thing in the morning taking a test. Your HCG levels are highest in the morning because you've been still and let everything sit. =)
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 10:36 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Most over the counter pregnancy tests require your Hcg hormone levels to be at least 50. Since Hcg doubles every 48hrs, a pregnacy test may be negative one day and 2 days later is positive. Mornig urine is most concentrated so that is the best time to test. If your repeat test is negative and still have a strong suspicion call your MD and schedule quantative blood test.
    Alimomof2393

Answer by Alimomof2393 at 11:35 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• yep its possible
    Luckystar3982

Answer by Luckystar3982 at 12:52 AM on Apr. 5, 2009