What do you think of...

Nasty, dirty, filthy little children who look as though they've never seen a tub of water much less been IN one? What do you think of the parents?
I think it's a failure of simple parenting.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:06 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Kids' Health

• nothing.
    I have no idea why they look that way and it's not really any of my business.

Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 9:10 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• its purely child neglect, my DD gets a bath every night and has ever since she was born.
    Anonymous

• "nasty, dirty, & filthy"? thats how you describe an innocent child?! Sounds like you should be attacking the parents as "nasty" not the kids. Where the heck are you seeing these, as you say, 'nasty children' anyways?! I generally haven't seen any of these filthy children you're seeing. Maybe it's your neighborhood.
    mountainMum

Answer by mountainMum at 9:15 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Kiter, say the child wanted to play with your child?
    Would you have an opinion then?
    SpiderGoddess

Answer by SpiderGoddess at 9:15 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• If they are walking around in public like that...It that the parent are to lazy to give there kids a bath.

Answer by louise2 at 9:16 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Dagnabit...I forgot to add my own reply, I feel for the kids. They don't know any better...but the parents need to step up and show them how to bathe properly, especially if they want their children to play with other kids.
    SpiderGoddess

Answer by SpiderGoddess at 9:17 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• well worded, SpiderGoddess. I agree.
    mountainMum

Answer by mountainMum at 9:19 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• "Kiter, say the child wanted to play with your child?
    Would you have an opinion then? "

No. why should I forbid my childen to be kind and enjoy being with a friend becauses of apperances? (if the mom is being neglectful, that child will NEED friends even more)

If the child was mean, hit, spat, talked rudely, etc- then I'd not like my children to play with them.
    But I'd not have an opinion about appearances.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 11:49 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• My daughter's favorite thing to do is play in the mud, build dirt castles , and jump in puddles, she loves being a dirtball! No matter how many times I clean her up a day, 2 seconds later she's got something on her, markers, ect.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 11:59 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Some kids could get dirty in a totally sterile room. Maybe it's not that their parents never bathe them, maybe they are just dirt magnets. I have certainly known a few kids who could get out of the tub, scrubbed from head to toe (twice) and 5 minutes later they look like they have never seen a washcloth.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 1:35 AM on Apr. 4, 2009