• In the Spotlight:

Oklahoma Could Allow Pregnant Women to Kill to Save Unborn Children

Oklahoma lawmakers are close to approving a bill that allows pregnant women to use deadly force to protect their unborn children.

I'm sorry, How is this not ALREADY law! If someone is coming at me to kill my baby, whether its still in my belly or not, they better realize that I would use deadly force!! What say you?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/04/03/oklahoma-allow-pregnant-women-kill-save-baby/

The bill was crafted after a Michigan woman who was carrying quadruplets stabbed and killed her boyfriend after he struck her in the stomach. The woman lost the babies and was convicted of manslaughter.

"Pregnant women who refuse to abort their child are too often attacked by their partner in an effort to force a miscarriage," said state Rep. Mike Thompson, who co-authored the bill after Americans United for Life asked him. "Women put in this position should have the legal right to defend themselves."

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 9:15 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Women should be able to kill 2 save ourselves period...especially w/ children involved. The quad mom got manslaughter for self-defense and if she didn't defend herself her bf would have gotten a slap on the wrist for the death of the babes.
    meli14k

Answer by meli14k at 9:28 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I can't believe they are having to make a law for this. To me it is a no brainer! Besides a woman could die during a miscarriage. I think it should always be acceptable to use deadly force to defend yourself. I feel sorry for the Michigan woman. She was so seriously wronged. The nitwits that involved with prosecution/conviction/sentencing should serve a term equal to hers.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:40 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I agree that you should be able to use lethal force I also think that anyone who causes the loss of a child through violence should be charged with murder.

"Pregnant women who refuse to abort their child are too often attacked by their partner in an effort to force a miscarriage," said state Rep. Mike Thompson, who co-authored the bill after Americans United for Life asked him.

Perhaps they wouldn't be so likely to try and cause the death of the baby if they knew it would be classified as murder.

angelachristine

Answer by angelachristine at 9:51 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Thats crazy that she was convicted, he murdered her babies...

I hope this bill gets passed
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 10:15 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• How in the hell was that not considered self-defence at the time, I mean he was attacking her, she was defending herself--and in the process trying to protect her unborn babies, but it still should have been dismissed for self-defence.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 10:41 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• She needs to appeal with a better lawyer.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:46 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• How in the hell was that not considered self-defence at the time, I mean he was attacking her, she was defending herself

That's what I want to know. Did he somehow magically kick her without bruising her own flesh?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:52 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Law or no Law, you come after me, especially if I'm pregnant with the intent to hurt or kill me...I'm gonna use everything in my power to stop you. If it means using deadly force to get the job done then thats what will happen
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 11:26 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• well if she was the one convicted of murder it just shows how crooked the justice system really is! i dont have any respect for the justice system. people who arnt guilty get charged for bogus stuff. ex: the pregnant lady whos husband is attacking her. umm why wasnt HE charged. she wasnt tryin to kill her babies. and guilty people get away. its just so twisted!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• OH and i live in michigan and i know first hand how crooked the michigan court system is!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Apr. 4, 2009