Considering going on a diet. Either Atkins, Weight Watchers, or South Beach---have some questions for those who have been on either one

I have some more questions for women who have done one of the following diets. I would like to get experiences from others so I can make a more informed decision as to which one I should actually choose. Some quesions I have are: what diet did you choose? what are some pros and cons of the diet? did you have success, and did that success come only from the diet or did you exercise as well? do you feel the diet you did was safe (hubby has implied that diets are unsafe)

As you can probably tell I've never dieted before. And its hard for me to find time to excercise. Im just getting tired of all that baby weight Ive been carrying since DS was born, lol.

So please ladies if you have any insight on any of the diets share!
Thank you :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I've done WW and South Beach with some success before kids. WW you learn to count points (calories) and you can pretty much have anything in moderation. You learn to spend your points on foods that fill you up rather than the high calorie stuff that leaves you hungry in an hour. Downside you will be hungry in the beginning until your body gets used to the lower intake. South Beach like Atkins restricts carbohydrates but focuses on more healthy protein choices like egg whites and lean turkey chop meat. You will feel full after eating but the lack of carbs in phase 1 leaves you feeling sluggish the first week or so. Remember if you are nursing it is recommended to lose weight slowly as to not decrease your milk production.
    Alimomof2393

Answer by Alimomof2393 at 12:06 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• i've done all of them and was unsuccessful. i just lost 50 pounds in less than a year by counting my calorie intake. those 100 calorie packs have been my savior when i have a graving and the wii fit is incredible.
    living4mykids

Answer by living4mykids at 9:19 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• i have done atkins and i would not recommend it. it works if you do it right but its easy to put the weight back on when you are done. also alot of people i know who have done atkins lose alot of energy and feel sluggish. the south beach diet is well balanced but lacks the support that weight watchers will give you.
    i have never done ww but i think it is a good diet becuase it is flexible and they provide accountablity and support. its just more expensive than dieting alone. i think you can join on thier website though
    nudge08

Answer by nudge08 at 9:25 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• none were... i was too straving on them, i use slim shots they help me feel full
    Anonymous

• No 'diets' are good. Change your diet. Eat for your blood type and eat preservative free, additive free foods. Nothing processed, all homemade cooked meals. Research MSG and the hidden exctitoxins in foods and DON"T consume them. Glutamate leaches into your brain cells and kills them, which leads to weight gain, diabetes, cancer, etc......

It's all in what we consume, and what we are meant to consume.
    fiercebubbles

Answer by fiercebubbles at 8:33 PM on Apr. 4, 2009