Questions for SAHM's

What are your expectations of your DH

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:22 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• Go to work, deal with his child during visitation, help do dishes on the weekend, help with the kids at bed time and bath time, yard work. He helps out a lot, but I don't expect it of him and he appreciates that. He also knows that I make his life easier by doing a lot for him and that is why he is willing to help me so much.
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 9:33 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• That he'd maintain the cars, do heavy lifting, repairs around the house, pay the bills, take off work if it is an emergency, take care of the baby if I am too sick, keep a steady job, shovel the snow, mow.

Answer by Bmat at 9:28 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Pay the bills and provide, spend time with us when he's not working, clean up after himself (I'm his wife, not his Mom), mow the grass, fix things that are broken or hire someone to do it, car stuff, etc.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 9:29 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• i expect him to pull the trash, mow the lawn, fix stuff (manly-tool stuff) and help me with the kids some when he is home. now he is a good hubby and he will do laundry, help me pick up and help with dishes if he has time before he leaves for work in the evening but those things are not required they just make me appreciate him more
    nudge08

Answer by nudge08 at 9:29 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• to be there for me when i need him. ( but will add due to his work and work buddies sometimes i feel last on his list ) and when he IS home on a weekend maybe help out a lil. make a darn sippy cup lol.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:30 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I am a SAHM. I take the cars for the oil changes, I get a better deal LOL. I mow the grass, i get my excersie that way. He fixes things. I expect him to stand by my side. to help me when he gets home. To teach our oldest how to drive. To spend time with his children. to spend time with me. to cook at least twice a week. To do a load a laundry when he notices that the laundry hamper is full. To pick up something that is on the floor and not just walk around it. To change diapers. To run to the grocery store if we are out of milk. To offer to help out when he sees i'm starting to stress.
    He makes the money, i pay the bills and plan a budget, I expect him to not go over it, by golfing every free day he has LOL. I expect him to be my partner in life and crime LOL:-) He tries really hard to be here when he is here, since he is in the army, and is not always avaiable to be here with us.
    Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 9:38 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• i only expect him to make sure bills are paid and trash is taken out. but he helps with other stuff when need be
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 9:40 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• All I really expect is for him to go to work everyday. I take care of making sure things run smoothly at home, he just needs to bring home the money! He's got it pretty good, I think.
    Stacey833

Answer by Stacey833 at 9:41 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• to do his job well, to play with the kids, to love the kids, to love me, and support me with my school work.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 9:58 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• We live in a rural area where there isn't a garbage service...So I expect him to bring trash to the dump every week and when summer does come around he needs to mow the grass. He needs to make sure the cars are running well and shovel
    Right now he is layed off so I expect him to bring the kids to school and pick them up and if our son is up before me, I should get to sleep in and he should take care of him
    Afterall....I am still doing dishes,cleaning,cooking and doing laundry while his hands get soft and his rear grows into the recliner
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Apr. 4, 2009