how do you deal with someone spreading rumors? any ideas on how to handle this is helpful

this guy keeps starting rumors, first about my husband sleeping with my best friends (2 of them) and his ex gf. and now about me and my son's best friend's dad. which i never met face to face, we text each other and our son's talk on the phone. and when we text its about kids school and his son's wrestling matches. we cant go to the matches and my son wants to know how his friend is doing so he keeps us updated. and we plan on both of our families to get together when it gets warmer being his younger kids are the same as mine and to meet each others spouses.
so little back ground there. well this guy told the friend's dad's wife that him and i were having an affair but we managed to get it cleared up straight away and both of our spouses found it amusing but the next person this guy tells this crap too may not be as understanding this guy is ALWAYS gettin in the middle of married couples

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• Why is everyone blaming the OP? Mr. Rumor Monger is the problem...and he sounds a bit scary to me.

Document document document. You may be able to get him for harassment.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:51 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Are you 100% sure you the RUMOR about your DH is a lie??And why are you texting the boys father and not his mother?? Maybe"the guy" has his reasons for the so called rumors.

Answer by louise2 at 9:49 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• he sounds childish maybe u could file a complant like theres this car swerving his plate # is... see if he likes it. lol. or u heard he has crabs. other then that walk up to him and confront him in front of everyone invite him over when u have a crowd.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:50 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• This just sounds rather odd. First of all, who is this "guy"?? How do you even know him, and what is his motivation in caring to spread rumors about you and your husband? Weirdness!
    I don't know how to go about solving the problem your having.. all that comes to mind is documenting his lies.. and suing him in civil court for deflamation of character?? That might not even be realistic though.
    mountainMum

Answer by mountainMum at 9:51 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• this guy was a friend but when i showed no interest he started this and i talk to the boy's dad cause that is the number i got from my son, he a stay at home dad and me a SAHM and the mom didnt care that we were talking we never hid it from our spouses. i know it seems odd but it works, my husband is around when i talk to the dad and when he not i show my hubby saved messages. and my husband like me has no time to cheat.
    Anonymous

• I think you have feelings for your sons best friend. Why don't you talk to the mom instead?
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 10:19 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• how can i have feelings for someone i never met?
    Anonymous