Need some advice

I am almost 4o. I seem to be in a "finding the right job" rut. I have been working with preschool aged kids for 8 years now. I want to do something different but can't figure out what. I have an Associates Degree, I am more reserved personality but I enjoy having control over my own space and sometimes I have a difficult time accepting too much critique/criticism. Any ideas? Suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Money & Work

• You sound like me! Have you ever thought about being a merchandising manager or some sort? I recommend you look at NARMS.com. Look at both the career connection and the search for jobs section. With these jobs you are your own boss, basically. You make your own schedule and rarely deal with anyone else, other than store personnel.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:42 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• What about owning your own business? That what i do. I work for an anti-aging and health company that is debt free and profitable. Combine that with health products and that is a winning combination. You can choose your own hours and choose the people who work with you. Tremendous support and training from top earners and management! Take a look at www.tgw247.com  and message me if you are interested.  Would love to have you join me.  Mary

jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 9:59 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• You might go to a career counselor and get your skills assessed. Then you can get an idea of just how many different types of jobs are out there looking for your talents.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:49 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I would be inclined to agree with jmcan. For me home businesses were the only option. I make great money and live the life I never thought I would get to. I am never board and everyday is something new, because I make the rules... Check out www.DailyPayFromHome.com  and find out what I do, or check out www.Sabrinas-Closet.info and find out about my business and MANY MANY other options including home businesses and a WAH Jobs list!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:47 PM on Apr. 4, 2009