Family

So we have this guy who is our room mate who hasn't really done what he was to. he's only paid me 150 out of 450 and he's late on the rest of his money. My bf's dad wants to move in with us and then i wont have to worry about paying for really anything. IDK b/c i'm not very fond of his dad. How do I get over it. My daughter will have to share a room with us though. My boyfriend lost his job so it will be nice not being the only one working. Am I being selfish?

Madelyn_Marie

Asked by Madelyn_Marie at 9:37 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• Why? You gotta do what you gotta do. However, it concerns me that you are not fond of the BF father. Do you feel like you or your family will be in danger, or do you just not trust him? I would have to feel good about it, or it might now work.
    Anonymous

• It's just my house. i'm scared if he moved in it's going to be like him taking over you know...since he'll be paying more.
    Madelyn_Marie

Answer by Madelyn_Marie at 9:53 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I honestly don't know if there is a right or wrong answer for you. All I can say is that when you let family come live with you it can turn out bad b/c 1-they won't leave 2- they are paying more so they want more say so 3- loss of privacy and getting used to someone else being there OR good, 1-they are paying more so you are more financially secure 2-maybe he can babysit for you ....ok I can't think of any other good things. But if he's paying more, then you have more of your own money and that's always good. Maybe you could give him a time limit? Does he not have a place of his own? Maybe tell him it would be helping both of you if he came and stayed for awhile. But that it would not be permanent? I don't know honey. I feel for ya. I have had family live with me and it works out ok for awhile but if you don't really like him alot to start off with then it may not be a good idea.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 10:13 PM on Apr. 3, 2009