shot gun wedding gowns?

Is there a traditional color for one's gown when they are getting married and knocked up? I noticed recently that quite a few of the shot gun brides I have seen seem to choose burgundy color. It just made me wonder if it is by coincidence or if there is some sort of actual etiquette to the situation.

PROGENITOR

Asked by PROGENITOR at 9:40 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Supposedly, virgins are to wear white...non-virgins off-white. How many people do you knwo are still virgins when they get married these days? I know they are out there, but few and far between. i think nowadays, pretty much anything goes.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 9:47 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• i just wore nice jeans and blouse but we got married at the court house( iwas 2 mnths pg) but my friend was pg when she got married and she wore a white dress. so i think its up to the bride its her day not anyone elses
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 9:53 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• i wore a white dress with a red/burgundy band at the top. i was 11 weeks pregnant, but that's not the reason for the red. we had been planning for 18 months, and that was my color scheme.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 9:56 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• the last posters dress sounds beautiful.... if i ever get married thats hte kind of dress i want, with red trim and everyhing.... they are so beautiful...

but answering ur Q, maybe it has something to do with the scarlet letter, even if its sub-consciuos?
    bananaapplepie

Answer by bananaapplepie at 10:05 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I think it is a personal preference. I can tell you that if I ever get married I will be wearing white and I am NOT a virgin. I have an almost 13 yr old. My aunt wore white at her 2nd marriage and had 4 kids. My other aunt was pregnant and wore white (that was in the early 80's). You are the bride, wear what you want, it's your day and who cares what others think or say.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:11 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I wore scarlet and I wasn't pregnant at my wedding. My mother was pregnant (7 months) at her wedding and she wore an ivory suit.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 10:23 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I've been to three "shotgun" weddings - one wore beige, and two wore white.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 10:46 PM on Apr. 3, 2009