need your help

i'm posting this here, because I know people respond fast to these

okay so

Ive been having lots of problems lately, my daughter is 8 months, and already is doing the whole walking a little bit on her own, and always standing up on her own..i put her crib the lowest it can get, due to the fact she always stands up in it, god forbid something bad were to happen.

now what im asking is, is there something I can do, to protect her from falling? or anything else happening to her? like something i can buy to block her from standing up? or something of that nature!

please your urgent advice is greatly appreciated

Stephy89

Asked by Stephy89 at 9:41 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No, I've never seen anything that would stop her from standing up. Just be sure to baby proof your home so that if she were to reach to stand up holding onto something it's not going to tip. And watch her carefully when she's on the floor. Surround her by pillows or try to be there to catch her if she falls. I have a 9 month old, who started doing this at 8 months and now totally does it on her own. Good luck.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:50 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Just like mamaada said, there isn't anything you can do to keep her from standing up. And you really shouldn't anyway, she is supposed to be doing that. Just baby proof the house and be near her when she's doing it ( as much as you can anyway) What about a playpen? I had one and my son always loved it. He was safe and if he fell over it was soft. It doesn't last very long though cuz they grow so fast. And your daughter is gonna fall more times than you can count. But don't worry about it. She's already close to the floor so she doesn't have far to fall:) My son fell like 20 times a day or more and he just got back up and went on with it. Good luck and don't worry.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 10:06 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I'm guessing you mean falling out of her crib. There are these things called crib tents I think. You'll have to google it. I never used one. But I've heard they work. I just made my sons crib into the toddler bed early, for this reason. They are closer to the ground. If you don't want to do that, then get pillows and blankets and things to just put on the floor. Everything will be fine as long as the room is baby-proofed. My son fell out of his crib more than once. I was scared, but everything was fine. That's when I started with the pillows and blankets. Then went to the toddler bed. Good luck =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 10:21 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• yes u can buy this thing that can go over the top of her crib i cant remember what its called but my older sister used with all 3 of her kids
    Anonymous

• There is a blanket system that is like a sleep bag, the baby goes in to the bag (head sticking out of course!) and the bag is fastened to the crib, I can't remember the proper name for them, but that would stop her from getting up until you come in for her in the morning.
    wadesmum

Answer by wadesmum at 11:00 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• A crib tent is what you will be looking for. They are very popular and sometimes hard to find in stores so you may have to order one. Try ebay or craigslist.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 11:37 AM on Apr. 4, 2009