Why do nurses measure your tummy? And is the measurement suppose to be the same as how many weeks pregnant you are?

Ultrasound, fetal measurement.

Cbann02

Asked by Cbann02 at 9:59 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• its to measure how the baby is growing i do believe....someone can correct me if i am wrong
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 10:01 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Its supposed to measure how big the baby is growing. and i noticed towards the end.. from like 25weeks till the end that it measures or is supposed to measure with how many weeks you are.

i was measuring 32 cm at 35 weeks and the dr said i should be measuring by how many weeks i am.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:03 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• It measures the height of your uterus. After the 20th week, you should measure 1cm bigger each week.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:17 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• My doctor told me the same, that it should be one cm per week that you are. He told me that and guessed I was 17 weeks and turned out to be 15 with the ultrasound. Everyones tummy is different before the pregnancy though so its not always accurate.
    soon2bekayden

Answer by soon2bekayden at 12:17 AM on Apr. 4, 2009