Is he testing me and just a normal 2 year old or what....

Maybe I am just your typical single, first time Mom, but my son who just turned two just looks at me and does whatever I just asked him please don't do. Like don't throw your green beans on the floor, whammo, their they go on the floor and he just looks at me and laughs. I know it sounds stupid and funny I guess but he does it with everything, he throws things right after I try to calmly, in a normal voice say that we don't throw things in the house, he even says right back to me, ball, and i say yes, we can throw balls but not that bottle of lotion, whammo, there goes the lotion. OK, so is he just a normal two year old? I do work full time, he is in a wonderful daycare for 8 hours with five other boys. He is a really good boy, and well rounded, but at times I wonder, what will he be like at 8, will he not listen to me and just be a wild kid or am I overreacting? Sorry so long, first time writing.

mydreamowen

Asked by mydreamowen at 10:08 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Sounds pretty normal to me mom. Just stay consistent and firm. It does get better, but then they just figure out something different to do to make our hair turn grey. LOL
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:13 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• so normal! But a tip. Try ending what ever you are saying with what you do want him to do. That's what they remeber most about what you are saying. So say we don't throw food, we do throw balls. Instead of saying we throw balls, we don't throw food. It might help, couldn't hurt
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 10:36 PM on Apr. 3, 2009