I have two children, Mason and Madilyn. If I chose to have a third would I need to use a "M" name or just choose any name?

I have wondered this for a while. No bun in the oven yet, just a question.

I worry about the 3rd feeling left out, but then again I worry about sounding silly all being M's

I didnt mean for them to be that way, we just chose names we like and they happen to be M names. lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Name the child whatever you like. There is no rule that says you have to name all the kids with the same letter. My aunt and unlce both have J names and they named their kids with J names. That was a choice they made though.

You could name an M name and all the kids would be the same. It's up to you though.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:22 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I wouldn't say that you have to use an "M" name. I don't think its necessary what-so-ever. Good luck!
    twocutetwins09

Answer by twocutetwins09 at 10:23 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Better not to IMO. I think it's silly to just pick names based on them all having the same initial, look at the Duggars.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 10:24 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I think it would be cute if they all had the same names, but I don't think it is absolutely necessary. I do love an M name, but it is similar to Madelyn . . . Mayleen, still different enough though. I think it would be adorable if they all had M names. If I have a boy, I am already thinking of L names.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:28 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Name beginning with the same letter is what I meant!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:29 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I think name the baby what you want it does NOT have to be a "M" name.
    My MIL kept insisting that we name our third baby with a K on the end of his name because we had Jack and Mark. I found it hugely annoying.
    She pushed me out of using the name I wanted...Jude.
    IDK...just go with your gut!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 10:34 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Its up 2 u what u will name your children, they don't all have to start with M's, after all u will be the one that has to go through the pain of giving birth again. Hey rhondaveggie do you think the duggars will run out of J names? Lol
    Red_Mama0723

Answer by Red_Mama0723 at 10:36 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I like Marnie for a girl, Marnie is my favorite Alfred Hitchcock movie and If I would have had a girl for my third her name would have been Marnie.

For a boy I think a good M name would be Micheal that is my hubby's name, but he didn't want to name any of our kids after him.
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 10:39 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Our first 2 start with a J, and our 3rd starts with an L , not a big deal to them, or us for that matter... We picked the names because we liked them...
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 10:46 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I'm a first born, my sister who was born 2nd has the same first letter, my sister who was born 3rd has a different letter, and it had no effect on her whatsoever.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 11:48 PM on Apr. 3, 2009