Child Behavior

My roommate had his kids over for the weekend. I watched them for him while he was working and after my son woke up from his nap they all played in his room. I went into his room b/c they shut the door, and i found out that my roommate's kids had peed in one of my sons toy tool boxes. Apparently they have been doing this kind of thing at their mom's house. But what can be done about this? His son is 5 and his daughter is almost 3. She follows everything that her brother does. They both are potty trained too! I had put them in time-out until their dad got home. he didnt know what to do about it. he just put them to bed. he spanked them, and he talked to them about why they shouldnt be doing that, and sent them to bed. Does anyone know of anything that could possibly be done to help with this problem??? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

jenlee1986

Asked by jenlee1986 at 10:26 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• Good 'ol discipline. The dad needs to keep doing what he is doing. Kudos.
    twocutetwins09

Answer by twocutetwins09 at 10:38 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I would make the child clean it up then go over it myself to be sure it is really clean. At 5 he knows to pee in the toilet but repeat that is a rule. Didi you ask him why he peed in the toolbox? My nephew used to pee in the tub instead of the toilet, my sis kept spanking him and making him stand for it, he kept doing in, finally she asked why he said because it sounded cooler! She calmly explained why it is not okay and he stopped.

Anonymous

• this is one of those "different house, different rules" mommy might let them get away with it but not at daddy's house! go dad
    pattisayshello

Answer by pattisayshello at 3:58 PM on Apr. 6, 2009