Why the assumption?

Why is there the assumption among so many that morals and Christianity automatically go hand in hand, and those who do not practice a Judeo-Christian religion lack morals?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• ignorance of all religions but their own
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:00 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Arrogance.

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 10:31 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Interesting, the bible calls unbelievers the proud and arrogant and a fool.
    Psalm: 1 The fool hat said in his heart, There is no GOd, They are corrupt, they have done abominalbe works, there is none that doeth good. Without the acknowledgement of God quickly comes the moral decay of humanity.
    Anonymous

• hath said in his heart.

Anonymous

• the answer by anonymous only proves the point of the post. But this verse isn't true. People can have high morals and do the right thing without believing in God. While religion can form a basis of morals for some, it is not a prerequisite.
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 11:01 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I guess you can say for the unbeliever what you consider as morals is all relative. But for the believer we have a standard of righteous living.
    Anonymous

• BTW: The verse is very true. The bible says let God's word be true and every man be a liar.
    Anonymous

• Even the men who wrote it?
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 11:06 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Listen the bible clearly talks about anyone who challenges or discredits the word of God. For many people who follow the guide of the bible have found it to be true over and over and over again. If you have never experienced its power you keep asking the same question and chasing your tail in circles just like many others on this thread. God says that my people perish because of the lack of knowledge. No matter how much secualr knowledged you gain you will die spiritually due to the lack of the knowledge of an all knowing God. With him you don't have to flock here and there trying to find a consensus of people to agree with you. You will find his word is true and neve changes.
    Anonymous

• I am not trying to debate the bible... but please understand that its words hold no power over those who believe differently. I have my own religion, every bit as valid as your own. I have a strong set of morals, and no where does my faith say that others who think differently than me are incapable of making moral choices for their lives. The same basic principles of morality apply.
    To assume that others who lack your faith also lack the ability to not only know right and wrong, but the ability to choose right is arrogant.
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 11:19 PM on Apr. 3, 2009