I feel like I'm being taken advantage of

So I work in a salon. We are all paid by client only, not hourly. When I was hired we agreed that I would do things like advertising to build up MY clientel. Anyway, I spent $50 on postcards with specials that I made up, I hand wrote every address, mailed these out to everyone in town. Well, people are coming in and the clients are being booked with the other girls!!! They have their own clientel!! I still spend all my time there and have no one to work on. Is there something I'm missing? I'm really pissed. I have done all the other advertising too, they keep getting the clients and I get the lower paying clients.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 PM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Money & Work

• It sounds like you are getting screwed over. I don't know what advice to give you, but I'm sorry that you are getting screwed over.... Good luck.
    twocutetwins09

Answer by twocutetwins09 at 10:35 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• It does sound like you're being taken advantage of. I'd consider looking for another salon.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:40 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• This doesn't sound fair. Are they asking for someone else or are they just getting scheduled with others? Do you do your own scheduling? I would say something, especially if they're coming to the salon because of your postcards and special offers. Good luck.
    the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 10:41 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• They had never been there before, they said they got the card in the mail and the owner scheduled it with the other girl.
    Anonymous

• Next time you send those, put on them to ask for you.
    gammiej

Answer by gammiej at 8:20 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Yes, I agree with the previous answer. You need to print on your postcard "Special offer good with ___(your name) only!" If that still doesn't solve the problem, then you either need to confront whoever is responsible (maybe they just don't know better and a little talk would help clear the air), or look for a new salon.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:24 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• put a cell phone number on the cards instead of the salons # and bok your own appts.
    AlexEss

Answer by AlexEss at 10:35 PM on Apr. 14, 2009